Suffering from loose watery motions. Colon, stomach, stool test came normal. Physiological disorder?
It seems that this could be a functional disorder of the bowels. This is usually a diagnosis of exclusion, after other tests are unrevealing. The fact that this happens only once a month makes it highly unlikely that something is going to pop up on any test.
By functional disorder I mean that the bowels may occasional contract more rapidly causing you to have diarrhea. This is particularly common in diabetics. After suffering from diabetes for many years the nerves in the body can get damaged, and the most common manifestation is peripheral diabetic neuropathy (when you loose sensation of your feet and hands), however you can get bowel neuropathy as well. Keep in mind that the most common gut neuropathy is called "gastroparesis" (delayed gastric emptying), but you could also get diarrhea as you describe.
There is no specific treatment, and recommendations are to take antidiarrheals as needed (such as loperamide or lomotil).
Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions!
If loperamide doesn't work, then other medications can by tried such as lomotil, lotronex.
Take a high fiber diet, or add fiber supplements to your diet (such as Metamucil). Limit the amount of dairy products (milk, yogurts, cheeses).
Also given the fact that you are diabetic it is also possible that you use artificial sweeteners (such as Splenda, Sweet n low, etc), so keep in mind that these are good for your diabetes but can cause bloating and diarrhea, therefore you should decrease the amount of those if you indeed use them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infant having loose motions what does stool test suggest
- Child has loose motions given kaption 11 normal stool test
- Motion stool test
- What is the normal pus cells in stool test hpf
- Have diarrhea done blood work and stool test stomach bug
- Normal range of pus cells hpf stool test
- Ph stool test normal levels for infants
- Indigestion stool test normal stomach feels heavy after eating
- Stool test types for motions
- Child has stomach pain stool test showed entamoeba histolytica worried