Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Suffering from loose motion as well as constipation. Looking for solution

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 123 Questions
hi, my sister 23 yrs old she have free motion problem three-four days once she passes the motion which is very tigth, ples help her which type of food helps to this type of problem and what is the solution to this.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Grace Abraham 2 hours later
Thanks for posting the query.
It is unclear whether you sister has loose stools and constipation as well.
The description says she passes tight stools once in three days.

Problem of loose stools can be of various reasons.

As a dietitian view you have to replenish the lost electrolytes like sodium and potassium which can be done by giving lot of fluids, like tender coconut water, juices and clear soups.

You can try giving the following foods which will help to stop loose stools:
Arrow root kanji (made from arrowroot flour & water, with sugar and salt); XXXXXXX biscuits (made from arrow root flour);
Rice kanji;
Bread toast;
Black tea with honey.

I suggest you to consult the Gastroenterologist as soon as possible for the cause of loose stools. I suspect a larger problem that what you think is.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor