Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering from joint pain and slip disc. Having pain in toe and elbow while walking. Looking for suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1975
Answered : 72 Questions
Hi Doctor,

I am suffering from joint pain. I have pain while walking on my toes sometime in my knees. I also have pain while sitting on my fingers and elbow. I sometime feel dizziness and sometimes have blurred vision. Also I am suffering from slip disc also. My doctor suggested some test which the result is as under:-

Anti CCP >200
Rheumatoid factor (RA) Serum >120
Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy, Serum 35.90
Complete Blood count
All normal except Lymphocytes 14.57
Liver and Kidney panel , Serum

ALL ok Except as under :-
Creatnine 1.41
Uric Acid 9.70
Bilirubin Direct 0.29

Lipid profile all ok except HDL Cholesterol 35

Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate (ESR) 35

SUGAR Fasting 108 and PP 106

My BP is also high around 160

Medicine taking Tablet Telma 80 H and Celol Capsules

Weight 3 months back 78 KG and now 84
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

After reading your symptoms and going through your reports, i feel that you are suffering from a condition called gout, which is proved by your enhanced uric acid: 9.70.
This condition causes the symptoms such as joint pains which you have mentioned. I would recommend you to visit a rheumatologist as you need to be treated for the same. The doctor will give you uricosuric drugs to reduce/eliminate your problem.
Meanwhile you should avoid, milk products, spinach, onions and such foods as they will deprove your condition.

Dizziness and blurred vision may be due to your high blood pressure. 160 systolic even with medicines is not normal and your physician must add another medicine to your existing hypertensive drugs to control it. It must be in the range of 120-140 systolic.

For treating your slip disc you need to take rest and do the following:
-Avoid lifting heavy objects,
-Wear a lumbosacral belt
-sleep on a hard bed
-apply local analgesic sprays
-use painkiller drugs as and when required

Hope this answers your query. If you have any more questions, i'll be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor