Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suffering from irregular periods and hameglobin-7.8. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hi doctor i am suffering from irregular periods and hameglobin is 7.8 grm . I am 18 yrs old. Plz advice me to get regular periods.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later
The commonest reasons for irregular periods at your age is some sort of hormonal imbalance. You need to find out what type of hormone problem you have with the help of blood tests and ultrasound.See your doctor and get the prescription of the tests to be done. LH,FSH,PROLACTIN,TSH..Start with these blood tests. Ideally they should be done on the 2nd day of your period. This way the hormone imbalance can be identified and the appropriate medication can be started.
At your age, thyroid dyfunction, hyper prolactenemia and PCOS are common problems. Dont worry. Its manageable.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor