Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suffering from inferiority complex. What are steps to be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 14 Questions
I am suffering from acute motivational issue in my opinion.
I am not putting required effort in my work.
It seems i have never worked hard for anything.
My concentration and willpower is fickle.
I am not able to motivate myself for further progress in my career.
I don't earn much and have severe inferiority complex.
I worry a lot. My confidence has taken a huge beating.

I read a lot and it seems i am aware of my issues. But i am not able to take required steps to correct it.

I think i am struggling from 3 yrs.

Could you please help.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Hebbar 6 hours later
Your problams are long standing and need a proper psychological evaluation. Medicines may not be a option for you. Psychotherapy like Cognitive behavior therapy may be needed for your improvement ( weekly 1 visit for few months). Contact a qualified clinical psychologist for that purpose. You may be benifited by reading a book named Feeling Good, the New Mood Therapy- by XXXXXXX Burns(1999).
Best of luck
Dr Hebbar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor