Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hypothyroidism. Suggest diet and precautions

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 103 Questions
Hello Sir, My Mother is suffering from hypothyroidisum can you please suggest me regarding this and any precautions need to take about her diet.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Reply Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query You mentioned that your mother is suffering from hypothyroidism but please reply as regards: 1. How long she has been hypothyroid. 2.Please get her Serum T3, T4 and TSH done for her. 3.Also get Antimicrosomal antibody test done for her. As regards the diet there is no specific diet that can really help one who suffers from hypothyroidism but patient of hypothyroidism should avoid some food (that contain goitrogens) like Cabbage , cauliflower, broccoli and sweet potatoes etc. Once the report of above tests mentioned is available you can send me the result so that further advice can be given. with best wishes Dr Chowhan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor