Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Suffering from high thyroid. What should I do for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I suffer from high Thryroid what should I do
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.You are not having high thyroid but low thyroid state also known as hypothyroidism. In hypothyroidism T3, T4 will be low andTSH will be high. You will need to take lifelong thyroxine replacement. Tablets will have to be taken early morning empty stomach and 1 hour gap has to be given before taking food. TSH will have to be monitored every 2-3 months initially and every 6 months there after. Nothing to worry otherwise. Its pretty simple and straight forward to manage.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor