Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair loss. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
after i came here to kolkata my hair fall rate has shoot up,as a result of which i am loosing tremendous amount of hair. kindly advise , my colleagues suggested that the water content of kolkata city is XXXXXXX in iron for which i am facing this problem.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 17 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

There are various reasons for hair loss.In males the most common cause of hair loss is –iron deficiency, hormonal , thyroid problem, stress, lack of sleep, familial ,or use of chemical on the scalp etc. Other rare causes are zn & copper def.In males,andogenetic alopecia is most common apart from the above causes. One has to find the exact cause of hair loss and treat. In your case it could be stress induced (change of place does lead to stress) or due to change of water and eating habits even though hereditary factor is most common cause.

You can start with minoxidil solution (10%) to be applied locally over scalp twice a day & tablet biotin(10mg) once a day orally.Since these are prescription based medicines you should consult a dermatologist for proper prescription.

Improve your diet with XXXXXXX leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, sprouts ,pulses, high protein diet, more of milk & ghee, dry fruits, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers . Good sleep in the night also has a important role to play .

Water XXXXXXX in iron content might not be the real cause of hair loss in your case.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor