Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair loss. Took medication. Now suffering from erectile disfunction. Guide?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9575 Questions
Dear Sir, i have been suffering from hair loss problem due to androgenetic alopecia and three years back I took Finopecia (Finasteride) tablets for around years but that time I did not suffer from any problem then after I had sufficient hair on my head and i discontinued finopecia tablets. in 2012, once again my hairs started thinning at rapid rate and then I once again started taking Finopecia tablets alongwith Minidoxil lotion. After taking medication for about 3 months, I noticed that I am suffering from erectile disfunction (It is also true that I have been masturbating ). in Feb 2013 i noticed that problem and I stopped taking Finasteride (Finopecia) tablets and expected my disfunction to cease but it seems that I have not yet recovered. I discontinued minidoxil lotion recently. Kindly guide me in this regard
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Finesteride for alopecia.

Fenesteride is a drug known to have side effects like erectile dysfunction .It takes long time to recover and get back your libido and erectile function even after discontinuing the medicine..

Please consult qualified Urologist for assessment and explore the feasibility of getting good hard erection by taking drugs like Phospho Diestarase Inhibitors like Sildenafil ( Viagra) till you get natural erection.

Do not worry you will definitely regain your sexual potency and erection after few months .Stop the lotion Minidoxil.which you are using now.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor