Suffering from hair loss. Took medication. Now suffering from erectile disfunction. Guide?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Dear Sir, i have been suffering from hair loss problem due to androgenetic alopecia and three years back I took Finopecia (Finasteride) tablets for around years but that time I did not suffer from any problem then after I had sufficient hair on my head and i discontinued finopecia tablets. in 2012, once again my hairs started thinning at rapid rate and then I once again started taking Finopecia tablets alongwith Minidoxil lotion. After taking medication for about 3 months, I noticed that I am suffering from erectile disfunction (It is also true that I have been masturbating ). in Feb 2013 i noticed that problem and I stopped taking Finasteride (Finopecia) tablets and expected my disfunction to cease but it seems that I have not yet recovered. I discontinued minidoxil lotion recently. Kindly guide me in this regard
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Finesteride for alopecia.

Fenesteride is a drug known to have side effects like erectile dysfunction .It takes long time to recover and get back your libido and erectile function even after discontinuing the medicine..

Please consult qualified Urologist for assessment and explore the feasibility of getting good hard erection by taking drugs like Phospho Diestarase Inhibitors like Sildenafil ( Viagra) till you get natural erection.

Do not worry you will definitely regain your sexual potency and erection after few months .Stop the lotion Minidoxil.which you are using now.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist