Suffering from hair fall and graying of hair. Looking for solution

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Question: I m facing continous hair fall and also greying of hair..kindly provide me solution for both
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

The condition you are having can be androgenetic alopecia or diffuse hair loss.

Androgenetic alopecia results in receding frontal hair line and thinning of hair and decreased density at top of the head and widening of central parting of hair.

In diffuse hair loss no fixed pattern is seen and hair loss is excessive.
Which of the two you have ?

Treatment of this condition is minoxidil and finasteride these are effective topically.Combination of the two drugs in lotion form is very safe and effective.

It has good effect should be continued for atleast 6 months for visible effects.

A visit to qualified dermatologist would be required for starting few prescription medicines.

Also few procedures like mesotherapy and dermaroller can help a lot.These procedures are available at dermatology clinics.

With proper tablets and procedures hair loss can be stopped and new hair growth can be achieved.

Greying of hair is separate problem and it can be genetic or environmental.
It can get aggravated by stress or vitamin deficiency.

Till the time you can start tablet keraglo XXXXXXX one per day.It will be helpful in both hair loss and greying of hair.

In general measures to prevent greying and hair loss-

Keep good diet .Eat fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables daily.
Avoid direct sun and wind exposure to hair.
Avoid combing when wet.
Avoid harsh dyes /gels/oils /colors/shampoos.

You can use trigaine shampoo.
Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Regards.

Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist