Suffering from hair fall and dandruff. How to control this problem?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi ... I am a 27 year female. I have currently reurned from the states and my hair had turned dry and I had very bad hair fal lthere. Due to that I have been told to use mintop herere on the front crown part where the partition is broadening and scalp has become visible. But the hair quality is nt returning. Can I user oil once a week for 2 hrs before shampooing it off . ANd what oil should I use. I am going to get married in 5 months and am extremely panicky about my hair
Also my scalp is unhealthy now and is full of dandruff.Please let me know what shampoo also. All of shampoos that used to wrk like a dream before in India have failed and I feel so conscious of my thin dry falling hair. Please help....Its critical
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 38 minutes later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are suffering is androgenetic alopecia and seborrheic dermatitis.

You need to take combination therapy to stop the hair loss.
Start takin Tab.Keraglo XXXXXXX two times a day after meals.
Also you can continue using Minoxidil the Minokem N lotion is a good preparation you can use it 1ml twice daily.
For Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff you can take Tab .Ketoconazole 400mg one per day.
Apply Zydip C lotion at night time for 15 days.

Regarding shampoo use 8X shampoo 3 times a week.
Hair oils do not play major role in hair growth or hair loss you can use any.Avoid any herbal /scented oils .As far as possible use plain coconut oil.

With this treatment you will certainly stop hair fall and possible regrowth of hair over bald area.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up questions.

Regards.
DrSudarshan
Dermatologist.