Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from hair fall and dandruff. How to control this problem?

Answered by
Dr. Sudarshan


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 1391 Questions

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi ... I am a 27 year female. I have currently reurned from the states and my hair had turned dry and I had very bad hair fal lthere. Due to that I have been told to use mintop herere on the front crown part where the partition is broadening and scalp has become visible. But the hair quality is nt returning. Can I user oil once a week for 2 hrs before shampooing it off . ANd what oil should I use. I am going to get married in 5 months and am extremely panicky about my hair
Also my scalp is unhealthy now and is full of dandruff.Please let me know what shampoo also. All of shampoos that used to wrk like a dream before in India have failed and I feel so conscious of my thin dry falling hair. Please help....Its critical
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 38 minutes later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are suffering is androgenetic alopecia and seborrheic dermatitis.

You need to take combination therapy to stop the hair loss.
Start takin Tab.Keraglo XXXXXXX two times a day after meals.
Also you can continue using Minoxidil the Minokem N lotion is a good preparation you can use it 1ml twice daily.
For Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff you can take Tab .Ketoconazole 400mg one per day.
Apply Zydip C lotion at night time for 15 days.

Regarding shampoo use 8X shampoo 3 times a week.
Hair oils do not play major role in hair growth or hair loss you can use any.Avoid any herbal /scented oils .As far as possible use plain coconut oil.

With this treatment you will certainly stop hair fall and possible regrowth of hair over bald area.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up questions.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Ketoconazole

doctor1 MD

My Dr said I had severe Tinea Cruis, but both topical and oral anti fungal s were not working. Ketoconazole 2%, and OTC miconazole, and oral Terbinafine. After 4 weeks of topical and 3 weeks of the oral terbinafine, he perscribed me a tube of Betamethasone, and everyday it has gotten better. But now says it was an alergic reaction, but nothing has changed in my groin area.

doctor1 MD

I have had an itchy rash on the inside of left ankle for ten weeks., appears to have a large bright red ring about the size of an egg. went to hospital, they perscribed ketoconazole cream as well as junuvia. tablets. No improvement. Your diagnosis?

doctor1 MD

sir, i am Md.Mahabub Badal .25 Years old. from Bangladesh. I have hair loss problem. last 2010 i attacked by fever. Dr. suggest to take Ciprofloxacin medicine for 28 days. after than my hair fall problem is start. now two problem is added in my head one is dandruff & other is itch in my head. in last year(December) 2013 i meet a Dermatologist. he suggest to it vitamin E and use Ketoconazole Shampoo. but no solution, still now i face those problem. main problem is itch in my head, i thing my head is attacked by fungus or bacteria. please give any advice or solution if i escape this problem. my email is YYYY@YYYY .

doctor1 MD

Hi, My husband has pus filled pimples in the backside of his head. He has very oily hair. We have observed that they come up whenever he has sweets or his hair becomes very oily. They usually come and go very frequently. It has been like this for...

doctor1 MD

Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, I am having small to medium bald patches on vertex to front elevated side of scalp and few towards back. This is there since pas 5 months, for sometime they dissapear and now i had close cut and they reappeared back, when closely...

doctor1 MD

I had a case if jock itch and now the rash is gone but my testicles are inflamed and itch like crazy. nothing seems to sooth the itching and it at a point i cant sleep. do I still continue to use the Ketoconazole i was given by my Dr. or is this something else?