Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair fall. Not cured afte ht surgery. Using minoxidile 10% lotion. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
Hi my name is XXXXXX From Bangalore
i had a seveir hair fall and which ended with baldness . a year back i underwent ht surgery from a hospital and after that was using minoxidile 10% lotion and bio hgf tab from which there was a result . but after the next consultation they told me to shave my hair and then use the medicine . after which the hair growth is less . can u suggest me what do i do .and i can see th oilness on my scalp , how to get out this issues
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Hair growth will take time, meanwhile i advice you not to panic and take the prescribed medication.
Treatment for hair fall is always chronic. As you had severe hair fall and after that you have shaved your head it will take time for your hair to grow.
I advice you to try Trichup hair fall control oil, every night and to use Trichup hair fall control shampoo. It is quit effective and also will help in reducing the oiliness on your scalp.
I advice you to discuss with consulting dermatologist about the other treatment options like Steroid injection under the skin surface, topical corticosteroids, topical immunotherapy, ultraviolet light therapy.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor