Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair fall. Having symptoms like swelling on fingers and drowsiness. Guide

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Dear Team,

I am suferring with an excessive hair fall problem. Also i feel weakness through my body with some specific symtoms as swelling on fingers after Sleep, & drowsiness through out the day.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
In wake of above mentioned symptoms ( hair fall, weakness, drowsiness, swelling of fingers), I would advise you to get your blood profile for haemoglobin, serum ferritin and TSH( thyroid stimulating hormone )done as anemia and thyroid disorders can lead to such symptoms accompanied by hair fall.
This kind of hair fall which occurs due to underlying stress, nutritional deficiency or illness is known as telogen effluvium. In telogen effluvium the hair goes into resting phase eventually to fall and get replaced by new hair, so it is a reversible condition.

Treatment of underlying cause( anemia or thyroid or any nutritional deficiency ) would improve hair fall. Take diet XXXXXXX in protein like soy, paneer, eggs, meat, liver, sprouts, lentils along with dairy products, nuts, salads and fruits , green leafy vegetables as these would take care of any nutritional deficiency. Intake of hair supplement like follihair too should be taken to help with the hair growth. Also daily exercise in the form of yoga or walk is recommended.
So get your blood profile done along with above mentioned advise regarding diet to improve hair fall and generalised body weakness.

Hope that helped. Should there be a clarification required, please write back.
Dr kalpana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor