Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from gout disease. Should I consult an orthopedic surgeon or an urologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
ffor uric acid issues (Gout) whom do we need to consult an orthopedic surgeon or an urologist
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 49 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat gout:
Family Practice, XXXXXXX Medicine, Rheumatology.
Diet does play a very large factor concerning gout, but first you must eliminate the possibility that it could be a health condition such as kidneys not functioning properly.
To answer your question. Rheumatologists are doctors who specialize in treating arthritis, rheumatic diseases, and other bone, joint and muscle disorders. If after being checked out by a doctor and it is determined that lifestyle is at issue.
I advice you to see Rheumatologist for examination and exact diagnosis. Check out websie WWW.WWWW.WW for diet and treatment tips but only after examination from the doctor. Self treatment is never a good idea.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor