Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from genital herpes. Suggest some permanent cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
sir i was attacked by genital herpis 3 months back it is reoccuring every month can this have permenent cure
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Herpes genitalia is a chronic infection and can occur again and again. Most of the times it is treated periodically but when repeated episodes occur at very close intervals then suppressive therapy with acyclovir for an year is the treatment of choice to decrease the repetition s.
You should conduct your nearby dermatologist for starting the same.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor