Suffering from frequent vomiting and feeling uneasiness in chest. Any remedy?

Dr. Sadiq Mughal

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: Every now and then I am vomitting from last 4 months, and feel very uneasiness in the chest, what it could be
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later
The detailed history that you have given is indeed very helpful.
Given your symptoms, there are a few possibilities.
First of all, it can be gastritis, which may be due to drugs which you have taken for different medical conditions or H.pylori (Bacterial) infection of stomach.
The second possibility could be gastro esopheal reflux disorder. In this condition, acid and food from the stomach keep on coming into the food pipe.
Third one could be appendicular dyspepsia , which occurs in recurrent appendicitis and there is vague pain abdomen with nausea and vomiting.
Fourth one could be infection of gall bladder secondary to any cause.
Fifth one could be worm infestation of intestine.
There can be a lot more possibilities but it would be impossible
Cough during vomiting is due to stimulation of pharynx by the vomitus.
At this stage, you need to see a general physician so that a good clinical exam can be done. This can be followed by an upper G I endoscopy and a repeat ultra sound.
Hope I answered your question.
For any further queries , do write to us.
Dr Sadiq

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli