Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from frequent urination and abdominal pain. What is the disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hi, I've recently been urinating very frequently every 2 hours approximately and an acute pain in my abdomen has started. At first I thought I'd just left my trip to the toilet too long and the was the cause of the abdomen pain but the last couple of days it's been there even after urinating. I'm not sure if this will have any relevance but I've recently started working 14 hour shifts and it seems this started when I started doing these insane hours. The urine is nearly clear and usually a 'normal' amount I.e. Not just a drizzle. Any thoughts on what that could be? Thanks
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Frequency of micturition with the pain is suggestive of infection in the urinary tract, most probably in the bladder.
The next step would be to give urine samples for analysis and culture to check for the causative bacteria, which could be done in consultation with the doctor.
Meanwhile, antibiotics can be started awaiting results.
The antibiotics may have to be changed, if necessary, based on the results.
1.     Oral fluids in adequate quantities.
2.     Cranberry juice two to three times daily,
Should help.
You need to attend emergency if
1.     There is fever.
2.     Nausea or vomiting.
3.     Unable to eat or drink in sufficient quantities.
Wishing you good health--

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from frequent urination and abdominal pain. What is the disease? 13 hours later
Hi, thank-you for your reply.

I'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment in western australia, providing I drink lots of water and cranberry juice will i be able to wait 2 weeks. I know it's not ideal but I literally have no way to get to a doctor until then, I just want to ensure it won't cause permanent damage if I leave it for two weeks. Thanks
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later
Welcome back.

Its unfortunate that you do not have medical access.
Permanent damage is unlikely from this problem, but once you have access, it is wise to consult.

Till then, please see if you are able to get

1. Anti spasmodics- those medicines given for tummy ache- DICYCLOMINE.
2. Antibiotics- those given for injuries - like AMOXICILLIN.

If you get these, can be taken each three times daily after food for 5 days.
Kindly take medical help as early as you can.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor