Suffering from fishy odor from vagina and low mood. What treatment should be done?
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 23 year old female
• Known case of mild anemia and tonsillitis
• Complaints of: odor from body (Vagina), crying spell, low mood, restricted to house and self harm ideas.
• Tests are negative
I can understand your pain and concern in current situation. Sometime there is enhance sensitivity of body to certain odor (like fish) associated with depression. In such case patient had bad body odor but same time others are not able to smell it. I suspect similar condition with you.
In such cases following steps will help you:
-Keep proper hygiene as you are already taking.
-Do not focus or ignore others behavior.
-Meet psychiatrist must, for treatment of depression and self harm ideation. Many time increase sensitivity for odor cure after treatment of depression. As a psychiatrist I have seen similar cases improving.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Thanks for follow up.
If you are not able to find source of bad odor then most probably it is from sweat.
Some medical conditions may change how much a person sweats, while others can alter how we sweat, subsequently changing the way we smell. For example, hyperthyroidism (an over-active thyroid gland) or the menopause can make people sweat much more, while liver disease, kidney disease, or diabetes can change the consistency of sweat so that the person smells differently.
Although you need to get investigated for cause but following steps will help you:
-Drink plenty of water
-Drink juice daily
-Take vitamins daily
-Bath 2 times a day with antibacterial soap
-Wear clean clothing, socks and underwear every day.
-Clothing: natural fibers allow your skin to breathe, resulting in better evaporation of sweat. Natural-made fibers include wool, silk or cotton.
-While bathing, add alcohol or white vinegar to a mug of water and use it to rinse the armpits. This will definitely help in lessening the body odour.
-Deodorant or antiperspirant - deodorants make the skin more acidic, making the environment more difficult for bacteria to thrive.
-Spicy foods: curry, garlic and some other spicy (piquant) foods have the potential to make some people's sweat more pungent.
-Have regular motion and keep bowel clean. High fiber diet help in this.
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from constipation what treatment should be done
- Foul odor and wind from vagina causes treatment
- What is the treatment for bumps in vagina
- What is the treatment for vagina pain
- What are the possible treatments for imiquimod inside vagina
- What are the treatments for sore vagina and white discharge
- What is the treatment for fishy smell inside vagina
- Purple spots on vagina what could it be treatment
- Suffering from psoriasis what treatment should be done
- What is the treatment for painful spot vagina
- Epileptic, neurosurgery to remove AVM, fluttering in the chest, anxiety,...
- Depression,sleep apnea,low testosterone,lethargy,irritable
- How is anxiety disorder treated ?
- What is the treatment for balanced thyroid hormones ?
- Depression, on zoloft, hallucinations
- Low sex life, rapid heart beat, breathlessness, back pain, knee pain,...
- Smoker, pins and needles over back and arms, high BP, low B12 reading,...
- Citalopram 20 mg, weight gain. Meratol a safe option ?
- Small penis. How can I develop it?
- Am I mentally ill if I experience depersonalization?