Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever, body pain and cold. Have sulpha allergy. What medicine could I take?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
lm having severe body pain, fever and cold since last night. The throat is paining a lot with little cough. I'm a HbsAg carrier and having sulpha allergy. I need to be travelling tomorrow. What medicine I can take right now?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take Azithromycin Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I have read your query. I am sorry about your current health status. Going by your symptoms, it seems like you have got an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI). Also, you need to be travelling tomorrow. For my patients with similar complaints, I usually prescribe Tablet Azithromycin 500mg one tablet per day for 3 days. This is a simple antibiotic course. Along with this, I also prescribe Tablet Sinarest thrice daily. Symptomatic treatment in the form of steam inhalation and salt water gargling of the throat is recommended as well. You can try these measures and I am sure you would be fine soon. Take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from fever, body pain and cold. Have sulpha allergy. What medicine could I take? 8 minutes later
can I take Dolo 650 for the body ache?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, surely you can take Dolo 650 for body ache. Take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor