Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever, body and headaches. Suggest medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Please prescribe the medicine based on the attached reports.She is having fever around 99.7 & having body ,headache. Every year she suffered with the same problem.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
None of the report is significant.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for asking your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Widal test has come positive but the titre is not that significant to start medicine as false positive rates are very high . It needs to be repeated to see rise in titre .

Her ESR is high that means some chronic infection or disease process is going on .I would advise you to consult a physician . If a person has low grade fever and raised ESR diseases like Tuberculosis , take a paracetamol tablet 500 mg if fever occurs and seek medical advise as soon as possible .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor