Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever and body pain. Not cured by dolo 500 and antibiotic. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10442 Questions
My wife is suffering from fever and body since last 3 days...she is taking dolo 500 and some antibiotic but she is not recovering...
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Fever associated with generalized body aches is seen commonly in case of viral fever. Antibiotics do not help much in providing relief.
The following things should make her feel better:
a. Take tablet paracetamol 400 mg as and when required ( upto 4 times daily). This needs to be taken with food. This will relieve the chilly feeling and fatigue.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the shakiness.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and she should be good.
Along with this, it is best to get her basic blood investigations done to rule out typhoid fever or malaria under the guidance of your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from fever and body pain. Not cured by dolo 500 and antibiotic. What to do? 33 hours later
Thank you for your suggestions doctor. I have got her blood test.
Typhoid is negative, TLC is 2100(which is well below 4000), blood platlets are 0000 which is also below 0000.

Our physician has suggested to take the following medicines

meftal forte

what do you suggest?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your wife's platelet counts are decreased which is commonly seen in a viral infection. She can take the medicines as advised to her by the physician. Repeat blood tests are needed after 72 hours to check the trend. You also need to get Dengu fever ruled out. It will be better to get dengue antibody serology test done to rule out dengue completely.
Also look out for the symptoms of dengue. The principal symptoms of dengue are high fever, severe headache, backache, joint pains, nausea, vomiting, eye pain, and rash.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from fever and body pain. Not cured by dolo 500 and antibiotic. What to do? 15 minutes later
Thanks for your response.
It seems like fever is not there since morning. I have few questions mentioned below:-
1)As the fever is not there so should I still continue giving her all the medicines recommended by the physician or should I give only when needed?
2)right now I am giving her fresh orange juice, coconut water and tomato soup. what other things can I give her to eat?

3)How to increase the platelet counts?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
Yes you must continue with the medicines prescribed to her even if the fever has subsided.
You can give her a soft and easy to digest food like dal rice, banana, fruit pulps, etc. Avoid fried and spicy food.
The platelet counts will increase once the fever subsides. Taking plenty of fluids orally will be helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor