Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
I am suffering from fever from past 1 week. so i consult doctors but still not able to recover. pls give the suggestions
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to be investigated...

Detailed Answer:

Fever persisting for a week needs to be evaluated. I understand you been to a doctor already; however I am unaware what are the tests done yet. If you have your doctor's or investigation reports with you, you should update it for my reference. I will be able to comment better after looking at those details.

If you have not been investigated yet, you need to get back to your doctor and proceed with investigations. If you were to be my treating doctor, I would recommend complete hemogram, urine routine, malarial parasite / malarial antigen, widal test as the first set of tests. While getting the tests, you should take antipyretic drug like calpol (paracetamol) 500mg for every 4-6 hours along with XXXXXXX warm sponging as and when required.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor