Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

127 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from fever. Suggest some medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2641 Questions
I am suffering from fever.
Please suggest some medicine.
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Thanks for writing here.

Fever is a general symptom associated with many pathogenic infection and inflammatory condition. It is essential to treat the causes to make sure you have a complete recovery.

You mentioned that you are suffering from fever. This information is not sufficient to suspect any cause. Therefore please provide the following information:
1. The duration and progress (improving or worsening) of fever
2. Presence or absence of associated symptoms - headache, body ache, nausea, vomiting, nasal congestion, sore throat, cough, increased urination, burning sensation while passing urine, body rashes, abdominal pain, loose stools, etc.
3. The age of this patient and if the age is under 14 years, please specify the weight of the child.
4. Presence or absence of other medical illness in the past

In the interim, you can try 'paracetamol' in the dose of 10-15 mg/kg body weight (for adults - 500mg) repeated at 4-6 hours interval. Paracetamol (crocin/calpol) is available as tablets or oral syrup over the counter in India. Sponging the forehead, underarms, torso and limbs with XXXXXXX warm water will give added benefits.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further discussion based on your reply.

Best Regards

P.S: The reports attached seems not relevant to the current illness. Please attach any other medical reports that you have.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now