Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever. Feeling difficulty to stand for a long. Any solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
My wife is suffering from fever for the past 2-3 weeks. In the initial stage when we went for a check up the doctor gave few capsules and she was good at that moment. After that she was little bit good and again after few days she is suffering from fever. She is feeling very uneasy and not even able to stand for a long while. Please assist.
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 18 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

There are multiple causes of fever. Recurrent fever may be due to inadequate treatment or a fresh infection.

- If there is fever with chills then most common causes in our region are typhoid and malaria. I would suggest getting a few basic investigations such as Widal test, peripheral smear for malarial parasites, complete blood count done under guidance of your treating physician.

- If what she has is a low grade fever without chills then it is most likely to be viral infection (a fresh infection). Though this would gradually settle down, I would still recommend investigating to rule out other causes as there is no definite test to diagnose viral infection.

In the meantime, she can continue dolo 650 as suggested. Advise her to drink plenty of fluids, rest well and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.

Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up are welcome.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor