Owl Image

Suffering from fever. Feeling difficulty to stand for a long. Any solution?

Owl Image
Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Question
My wife is suffering from fever for the past 2-3 weeks. In the initial stage when we went for a check up the doctor gave few capsules and she was good at that moment. After that she was little bit good and again after few days she is suffering from fever. She is feeling very uneasy and not even able to stand for a long while. Please assist.
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 18 minutes later

There are multiple causes of fever. Recurrent fever may be due to inadequate treatment or a fresh infection.

- If there is fever with chills then most common causes in our region are typhoid and malaria. I would suggest getting a few basic investigations such as Widal test, peripheral smear for malarial parasites, complete blood count done under guidance of your treating physician.

- If what she has is a low grade fever without chills then it is most likely to be viral infection (a fresh infection). Though this would gradually settle down, I would still recommend investigating to rule out other causes as there is no definite test to diagnose viral infection.

In the meantime, she can continue dolo 650 as suggested. Advise her to drink plenty of fluids, rest well and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.

Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up are welcome.