Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fecal incontinence. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
At times I suffer from fecal incontinence. The problem is especially acute if I have had alcohol, coke or coffee the previous day. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 minutes later

Thanks for writing in
There are n number of causes for fecal incontinence

The first thing you should go for is evaluate with a colorectal surgeon
In the mean time add fiber and bulk forming agents to your daily routine
A probiotic may be of some help
Avoiding precipitating factors like alcohol, coke or coffee is another solution

Try this and get back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor