Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suffering from extreme dry mouth. Could I ask a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 675 Questions
I am suffering from extreme dry mouth for past 8 months what type of dr should I see?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult an XXXXXXX medicine MD.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Dry mouth can be a result of many conditions and it can be a part of some particular syndromes such as Sjogren's syndrome.

In medical terminology we call dry mouth as Xerostomia.

The best first contact physician to consult would an XXXXXXX Medicine MD to correctly identify the problem and then if required arrange for the appropriate referrals. So go ahead and fix an appointment with an XXXXXXX medicine MD.

I hope this answers your question. You can write back to me if you have any doubts or further queries if any.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health.

Warm regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor