Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. What is the best treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
Dear Doctor,
My problem is while i have sex i get ejaculated so fast many times and some times my erection is so soft. I could only last few minutes after penetration.
I would like to know whether there is any herbal remedies or herbal pill?
Recently i have been going thought the net and found pills called VIMAX pills claiming it increase the seize and improve my erection, So doctor i would like to seek advice whether i should go for those pills?
Is those pills save to take?
what could be the side effects?
what is the best herbal pills for my problem?
what would be the best treatment?

thanking you
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for the query.

You have 3 concerns
1. Premature ejaculation - fast ejaculation
2. Erectile dysfunction - soft erection
3. Size of penis

There are two major causes for these problems

1. Physical - Due to physical factors like hormonal deficiency, obesity, smoking, diabetes etc

2. Psychological - Most common at your age; Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

Any physical ailments can decrease the libido as well as decrease in testosterone level. It would be better your hormonal status may be assessed.

I would suggest the following:

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga etc.

2. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

3. Certain techniques pioneered by Master and XXXXXXX are very useful in treating premature ejaculation. They include
(a) Stop & Re Start Method: Stop at a point just before you are about to ejaculate and restart foreplay and insertion. You may repeat this cycle again.
(b) Squeeze Method: Your partner should squeeze the base of glans penis for a few minutes just before you feel you would ejaculate. Repeat the process again as required.
(c) Increased frequency of sexual activity can increase the ejaculation time as well.

4. Selective Serotonin Re uptake inhibitor (SSRI) drugs like Tab. Dapoxetine have been tried in the recent years to treat premature ejaculation. It is more effective when taken 3 hours before intercourse. A physician can prescribe it to you

5. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

Regarding size of penis, An erect penis of more than 3 inches is more than enough to satisfy a woman. Art of Sex is important rather Size of penis.

I would not suggest any online medication to enhance the size or sexual function.

Hope I gave you an in depth idea regarding your query. Still I am available for follow up

Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Republic of India

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor