Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from erectile dysfunction and lack of ejaculation. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Yesterday during a heavy make out session/dry humping/rubbing(yes i know, how juvenile) with my girl i became extremely aroused(like normal) and after sometime my erection just vanished, it was gone as quick as it came. I don't remember feeling any abrupt pain or hearing any "popping" sounds at all, just a loss of erection and rather quickly at that. When I got home I tried to achieve an erection to "see if it still worked" so to speak and was unsuccessful at achieving an erection; this freaked me out. I did have a strong feeling of "extreme blue balls" and a general odd feeling in the area, but I attributed that to the lack of ejaculation. At the time my erection was maintained for quite awhile and was contained/restricted by my shorts and somewhat laid off/bent to the side when the incident occurred. I have a strong feeling a screwed something up "down there" . I have obv since Google "penis tear" and "broke penis" etc. and have read some rather frightening things regarding what I may be experiencing, even though my symptoms aren't fully inline with an aggressive tear. There is no bruising or misconfiguration and other than the fact I cannot get a boner right now, everything seems fine.

This morning I did have a morning erection, but it was nowhere near full as it usually is. This makes me feel a bit more at ease but still, this has me pretty freaked out. In the shower this morning I tried to see if "it worked" but still was unsuccessful. My gut tells me its all in my head and that I'm over thinking things but it's still rather concerning to me.

At the moment there is no real pain to speak of. I seem to be hanging a lot softer and smaller today and my scrotum closer to my body. Could I have experienced some sort of trama/bruising that subconsciously has me unable to achieve an erection due to the stress it was put under yesterday? How soon should I seek medical attention if things do not improve? This is obv an area of my body in which I do not want to mess around with, but on the other hand something tells me I could be overreacting a bit and the constant thinking/stressing over "what could be" is taking it's toll and not letting me "function".

Little background about myself:
28yrs old, all around pretty healthy with no underlying major healthy issues. Not overweight, eat well and I am extremely active. I have never had a problem achieving or maintaining an erection; it's never been a worry til now.

Thanks for your time and any insight you can share

Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
I understand your worry. I went thru your detailed history.
If u had a heavy and forceful intercourse, then there is a chance of fracture penis, which u have already googgled.
If u did not have any intercourse, there is nothing to worry.
If u r still worried, kindly take a urology consult thro A&E and that will resolve the issue.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction and lack of ejaculation. What treatment should be done? 2 hours later
I'm not sure I need to have had rough intercourse to have achieved a minor tear or fractured penis, surprised to read that you think its a must. My very erect penis was bent sideways in my shorts and rubbed on very aggressively; it's entirely possible that I have a minor tear, even tho I didn't have actual intercourse. All the symptoms are there which have led me to believe I have definitely caused some sort of trauma to my penis. I have tried to achieve an erection a few times today, and while I can def feel a rush of blood going to my penis, and it starts to become erect, but then I get a dull ache and its instantly lost; almost like my brain/body wont let me get fully hard due to injury. My testicles are far more sensitive today and are slightly swollen as well. Mind you this happened some ~26 hours ago exactly.

My main worry is how soon should I seek medical attention if things do not seem to "fix" themselves? What should I be doing on my own to help things start to heal? Ice? anti-inflammatory?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 48 minutes later

Thanks for your reply. To have a fracture penis without attempted penetrative intercourse is not described in the medical literature.
Erection is involuntary and hence may not happen at wish.
Since I have not examined you physically and since u feel that things are not way it should be, it is best to take medical attention at the earliest.
Ice and anti- inflammatory will help for the testes but not for the penis.
Kindly attend A&E asap.
Kindly give me a feed back. get well soon,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor