Owl Image

Suffering from erectile dysfunction after prostate removal. Any solution?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have not been able to get a hardon for 15 months. since prostate removal. Do you know anything about Vitaros availabe in Europe and coming here?

Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 9 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you must be quite distressed by your erectile dysfunction. Vitaros (topical Prostaglandin E1 cream) is indeed a promising product which is supposed to be both effective and safe.

However, currently, Vitaros is currently approved and available only in Canada, and is in the process of regulatory approval in Europe. Marketing rights have been already been sold to pharmaceutical companies in Germany, Italy and very recently to UK. The marketing authorization application for Vitaros was accepted by the European Medicines Agency for review in XXXXXXX 2011 and the license is anticipated in 2013.

So, as of now, only the Prostaglandin urethral suppositories (MUSE) and the injectable forms (Caverject) are available. Vitaros is expected to hit the European and American market in 2013.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist