Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Suffering from elevated SGPT level and elevated indirect bilirubin level. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
hello, I am 33 years old. My problem is that I am sufferring from elevated SGPT level and elevated indirect bilirubin level. Problem is recurring. It has happenend 3 4 times in past 5 years. Indirect bilirubin rises to 2.2. Initially SGPT was 160, but it has reduced to 55. other parameters are normal.
hepatitis B,C , auto immune antibody, anti nuclear antibody, liver kidney antibody are negative, but alpha TNR was 23.... liver ultrasound shows slighty enlarged liver with fatty infiltrartion....
fibroscan shows the level of 6.3
cholesterol is 219 , triglycerides is 171 , HDL 33 , LDL 151 VLDL 34.2,
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 4 hours later
Your lipid levels are high.You are 33years young and I
am not sure if your weight is ideal for your height.
If your body mass index is more than 30+ you are
considered obese.This along with a fatty liver makes
"Metabolic Syndrome" a possibility in your case.
Elevation of Direct Bilirubin indicates more liver
damage.Indirect Bilirubin elevation may indicate
hemolysis or excess destruction of red blood cells.
Sometimes, this may be from certain drugs.
I am glad the doctors have ruled out Hep-B&C and also
autoimmune conditions.
You do need to follow ja low fat diet,take Vit-B Complex
supplements,Vit-E 800 i.u daily along with 1000mg.Vit-C.
Make sure your blood sugar is normal.
Hope this is helpful.
Wish you well.
Avoid alcohol and excercise regularly.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor