Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from ear pain and fever. Given medicine but no relief. Diagnosed with high BP. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
My wife is suffering from ear pain today fever too. She is 28 yrs old and weight 90+ kg. And we live in Bangalore. We have visited to one doctor near to our home. She gave some medicine yesterday but my ear pain is still there. yesterday during blood pressure checkup doctor also find that blood pressure was high but it was first time for my wife
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 47 minutes later
Your wife might be having Acute otitis externa or media.
It is a infection in the ear.
I advice these medicines ---
1.If you have started Tab. Cefadrox then continue it.for 5 days.
If not then You can start with Tab. Augmentin.The later is better.
2. you need to take Tab. Voveron also which is antiinflammatory in dose of 50 mg three times a day.If you have not taken chymoral forte you can buy Chymoral plus to be taken three times a day or get tab. voveron seperatly.
3.Take Tab. Mucinac 600 mg in 1/4 cup of water once daily.
4. Tab. Paracetamol to continue.
5.Take Cap. Nutrolin B two times a day-multivitamin
6.Tab. Ebast DC or Tab. Allrite DC Two times a day.
6. Hot fomentation of right ear with dry warm cloth.
7. You need to protect ear from water , ear phones.

For above medicines take for 5 days and get back to us and consult and discuss with your doctor .

get well soon .
If in doubt do reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor