Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Suffering from ear blockage. Can this be cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 332 Questions
I have been suffering from ear blockage for some 2 years or more. That is causing a lot of uneasyness. Can it be cured?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 20 hours later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon

On th basis of the information provided it appears that your problem of ear blockade is related with your problem of allergy to dust and cold. This leads to the dysfunction of the eustachain tube (tube which connects ear and throat at the back of nose) leading to negative middle ear pressure or collection of fluid in ear. This is the most common cause with such history. However there can be other causes like blockade of external ear canal due to wax, fungal deposits or a narrow ear canal. I would advise you for a ENT consultation and a nasal endoscopy for the diagnosis. Once a diagnosis is made we can look forward for the treatment.

This is a treatable condition if the treatment is started in time. I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to coontact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor