Suffering from dry mouth, frequent headaches, blurred vision and bloating. What should be done?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have had frequent headaches for the last 2 weeks. I'm suffering from dry mouth, I'm urinating alot, my stomach keeps bloating and my vision has gone slightly blurry
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Let me know the associated symptoms along with headache.
Do you have running nose & tears from eyes and vomiting/ nausea?
What is the type of headache?
What are the aggravating factors for headache?
Do you have past history of similar type of headache?
Do you have any other abdominal symptoms apart from mentioned one?

Migraine is the most common type of headache and it may or may not be associated with other symptoms such as dry mouth, bloating of stomach and blurring of vision (as in your case).
These associated symptoms are called as "Aura".
Migraine is associated with pulsating type of headache.
Tears from eyes and running nose is generally seen in tension headache.
Sometimes tension headache & migraine is simultaneously present.
Migraine gets aggravated after exposure to sunlight, noise pollution. lack of sleep, during menses and after intake of coffee & tea.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for CT/ MRI scan brain imaging to rule out intracranial pathology and complete blood count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).
You should take proper treatment for rapid recovery.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava