Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suffering from dhat syndrome. Looking for proper diagnosis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hi...previously I have posted one question in your forum and got quick reply...thanks a lot for that. But still I am facing the same problems. for the last 3-4 months I am suffering with dhat the time of masturbation it is not feel good experience to me. it is premature ejaculation and semen comes out with in very short time. I am helpless. please provide me the proper diagnosis so that I will recover myself from this disease.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 51 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Premature ejaculation is a condition and not a disease.
Steps in the management are
1.     Detailed sexual history and physical examination – sexual partner, duration and frequency of sex, quality of erection, partner satisfaction, etc.
2.     Counseling based on any problems that arise during the discussion.
3.     General techniques like stop and start, withdrawal, compression of the perineum and so on.
4.     Application of xylocaine jelly after full erection and before penetration on the male organ.
5.     Some drugs like SSRI and antidepressants that have an effect on delaying the ejaculation time.

Kindly take medical advice and get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor