Suffering from crohn's flare. Took injections of humaria. Having abdominal pain. Stool is covered in blood. Suggest remedy?
That happended twice yesterday a nd then had some small abdominal pain and nausa but blamed that on my nerves because I felt good like a regular flare.
Woke up today and my stool was full of blood but none in the water.
Is my humaria stopping or is this just a bad flare
Doesn't appear to be flare of Crohn's
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).
In crohn's disease usually blood is mixed with stool and stool is loose, that is watery. But in you stool is formed and stool surface is covered with blood and there is blood on wiping which suggest that there is fresh bleed which I think is from rectum and it is painless also so it can be hemorrhoids which is causing bleed per rectum. So it is highly advisable to get colonoscopy examination and see for source of bleed. If hemorrhoids are there they can be banded. Humaria can be stopped once the source of bleeding is identified in rectum only, I mean to say it may not be even flare as I mentioned above
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain blood in stool
- Lower abdomin pain and blood in stool
- Abdominal pain with blood in stool is it an emergency
- Bright blood in stool abdominal pain
- Blood and mucus in stool with abdominal pain
- Fresh blood in stool abdominal pain
- Abdominal pain and red blood in stool
- Severe abdominal pain and blood in stool
- Sick abdominal pain and blood in stool
- Blood clot on stool and abdominal pain