Suffering from cough, runny nose. Reason and cure?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: my daughter is sick has a XXXXXXX low cough, runny nose, is sweating, and is very fatigued.has been in bed for two days straight. what does she have.?l
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 49 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I will appreciate if you can update me on the following:
1. Age
2. Temperature, if any
3. Medications, if any

It is not unusual for children having fever, running nose and cough. They may feel like staying in bed. If any cough syrup is being given then some drowsiness does occur.

As the age and weight is not known I suggest that you give her:
1. Cough syrup three to four times a day
2. Paracetamol/acetamenophen syrup four hourly to bring down the fever, if present

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to update on the status.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

RKK