Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cough and sore throat. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I have been coughing for now 15 days, it started with sore throat but the last 7 days, i will be fine during the day but during night i start coughing hard! do I need to go to see doctor?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 41 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
You might be having any of the following problems-
If you have this type of problem recurrently and seasonally and have a family history for any allergy the it may be a manifestation of hyper reactive airways which is an allergic disease.
Another possibility is of viral infection of respiratory tract
or a mild pneumonia may also cause such symptoms.
You should get physical examination and investigations by a physician of your locality and follow the advise.
All the three conditions need consult with physician and are treatable.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor