Suffering from cough. What treatment should be done?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: i am suffring cufe for few days
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, cough is commonly occurred due to upper allergic reaction to cold and dust. But you have to be clinically examined for a proper diagnosis.

So, you have to do the followings -
1.     Good nutritious diet with some fresh fruits.
2.     If fever comes take paracetamol 650mg tab after taking some food.
3.     You have to take a good cough syrup containing good expectorant.
4.     You have to take cetirizine 10 mg at bed time.
5.     If the above medications do not give relief, then you have to take antibiotic like levofloxacin group of drugs.
6. You have to take any multivitamin agent.
7.     You have to consult your family physician for a thorough clinical examination, ordering investigations if required and for prescribing the above-mentioned drugs.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.