Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cough. What treatment should be done?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
i am suffring cufe for few days
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 27 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, cough is commonly occurred due to upper allergic reaction to cold and dust. But you have to be clinically examined for a proper diagnosis.

So, you have to do the followings -
1.     Good nutritious diet with some fresh fruits.
2.     If fever comes take paracetamol 650mg tab after taking some food.
3.     You have to take a good cough syrup containing good expectorant.
4.     You have to take cetirizine 10 mg at bed time.
5.     If the above medications do not give relief, then you have to take antibiotic like levofloxacin group of drugs.
6. You have to take any multivitamin agent.
7.     You have to consult your family physician for a thorough clinical examination, ordering investigations if required and for prescribing the above-mentioned drugs.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor