Thanks for writing in.
Hemorrhoids mostly occur due to constipation
and constipation further worsens the hemorrhoids. It is a vicious cycle.
I hope you have already got it checked by a doctor/surgeon. If not , please do so as soon as possible.
If it is a confirmed case of hemorrhoids, please do the following:
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water helps with good bowel movements.
2. Eat plenty of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, other vegetables and fresh fruits.
3. Have Oats daily as a porridge. Have a fibre XXXXXXX diet.
4. Soak a handful of raisins in water before going to sleep at night. In the morning, as soon as you get up , drink the raisin soaked water and eat the soaked raisins.
5. Avoid oily, fatty , XXXXXXX fried food.
6. Avoid refined foods like maida, white bread, white rice. Switch to healthy whole grain options like whole wheat bread/pasta, brown rice etc.
7. Avoid meat and meat products which might further worsen constipation.
8. Regular exercise 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week is a must. Exercise also helps in good bowel movements.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have any further doubts, I will be happy to answer them.
Hope you feel better soon.
Have a great day :)
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan