Suffering from chronic anxiety and BP is high. Should I be worried about wavy lines on eye?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I am very concerned about tge wavy lines on my eye. Different from red lines and much more pronounced. However no irritation or blurry vision ! No need to wear glasses either. BP is high usually 130/90. Chronic anxiety sufferer.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal conjunctival vessels and no need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

I went through the photo which you have sent along with the health query and complaints quoted by you are wavy lines without any irritation or blurred vision.

The wavy lines you are referring are blood vessels of conjunctiva and these are absolutely normal and no need to worry.
Though normally conjunctival blood vessels are not noticeable it is normal to see them following rubbing of eyes, exposure to dust, smoke, wind, following head bath.....
The conjunctival blood vessels in your case are absolutely normal and no need to worry at all. This I am stressing again because you have mentioned in the history that you are chronic anxiety sufferer. If you want get rid of them you can use vasoconstrictor eye drops like Naphazoline eye drops.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 5 minutes later
Thanks for your response, the only problem is to help with my anxiety i already used the drops OTS and they removed most redness but actually the wavy lines were just as pronounced.

Noted you are kindly stressing they are normal with ref to my anxiety but i am wondering still about the presence of these wavy lines which does not go away with the drops and are not isolated, rather various on each eye

Is it related to high blood pressure?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not related to high blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Thank you for the follow up query.

The eye drops will remove only congested vessels and the dilated blood vessels tend to remain for a longer time before they disappear.

This not related to high blood pressure.

Hence I advice you not to worry much about these normal conjunctival blood vessels as they will decrease or disappear over time without causing any problem.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.