Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cholangiocarcinoma. Any effective treatment available?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
my father has obstructive jaundice due to cholangio carcinoma and he has replaced his both side valve 4 year ago now doctors says he has cholangiocarcinoma and it's not in condition for operation and i asked my many cancer patent they told me they have no enough improvement after operation. I also asked second opinion by another liver specialist but answer come out the same. please give batter opinion and i found two ayourvada center D. S. research center and lavenya research center in bengloor
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 14 hours later

Thanks for writing in

I have gone through the summary provided

Considering the comorbid conditions your father is suffering from, It is better he goes for conservative therapy only

Complete surgical resection is the only therapy to afford a chance of cure. Unfortunately, only 10% of patients present with early stage disease and are considered for curative resection.

Palliative stenting is used to relieve obstructive jaundice

It is better if you follow the treating doctors advice

Hope this helps
Wishing your father a healthy life ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from cholangiocarcinoma. Any effective treatment available? 1 hour later
doctors put stent by ERCP in ahmdabad sal hospital now he is suffering from illness which coming once in a day. every day some time it is 98 degree and 102 degree and when we give medic-ens then fiver end fore time being and it's come again
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

I have gone through the summary, I am from Ahmedabad itself

I would suggest you get a complete blood count and a liver function test done and get back to me

Hope this helps
Wishing your father a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor