Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bleeding from anal region. No control over bowel movements. Taking Enzaar Forte and Flaggyl. Permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 492 Questions
Doctor, I am suffering from bleeding from my anus after passing of tools. Also I have to go to the toilet frequently. 6 times in a day. Especially after meals. I have to run to the toilet immediately after meals. Lunch Breakfast Snacks or Dinner. Also I am unable to control bowel movement. I need to run & go. Else I spoil my underwear. This causes problems when I am outside. Also I am not able to differentiate between a gas discharge & stool discharge. There might be an unexpected stool discharge along with gas or while I am urinating. Also it foul smells. Bowels are also foul smelling. After using the toilet also the smell remains. Anus gives a strange smell, due to which it becomes very embarrassing in the office.Do you have a permanent cure for this? I also need to stop bleeding. I have taken tablets like Enzaar Forte, Flaggyl 400, Immodium & Daflon 500. After which I have started getting XXXXXXX itching of skin on the entire body. So I started taking Cetzine which gives temporary relief. After another 2 days itching starts. Please suggest medicines for permanent relief from itching & bleeding.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 13 hours later
Hello Mr XXXXXX,
Your symptoms warrant an colonoscopy with history of bleeding, incontinence.
Need to rule out an inflamed colon which can be seen in diseases like inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis).
Other possibilities may be bleeding piles.
Only taking medications may not help as we do noy have a confirmed diagnosis.
Also recurrent stools with incontinence can cause itching.
Hope this answers your query.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor