Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from balanitis. How to get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
suffering from Balanitis, which doctor is best for this problem in orissa? is there any serious risk for my life or sexual life? it also give more bad smell before clean with water & return with in 24 hour again.

kindly help/ guide me to resolve this problem
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief answer..need some answers from you
Detailed answer...
Thanks for the query.
I have seen the photographs and find lot of smegma in them.
Please tell me that,except foul smell,are you having any pain,irritation,soreness,itching on the glans of penis?
Are you having any burning in urination?
Any other complaint besides foul smelling smegma?
Are you diabetic?
Is There any family history of diabetes?
Is there any history of unprotected sex with sex worker or anybody else.
Please reply these querries,so that we can proceed ahead with our discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from balanitis. How to get rid of this? 21 hours later
thank u for reply sir,

yes doctor, i have irritation & itching on the glans of penis.
but i have not any feelings of burning urination?
i am not diabetic but my father having type-2 diabetic since 4 year.
no i don't have any unprotected sex with 'sex worker. i have unprotected sex with my wife before 4 month. my wife having pregnant of 8 month now.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Your reply suggests that you may be having some bacterial or fungal infection,although in some cases it could be without it also.
The best way to go ahead is to get your blood sugar fasting and PP done to rule out diabetes because if diabetes is present,then most likely it is fungal infection and then it won't be cured unless and until your sugar levels are controlled.
You can also test a swab from your glans tested for any infection.
If these tests reveal infection,then proper antibiotics and/or antifungal medications would make it all right.
The best would be to go to a urologist and get yourself examined by him.
Till then,wash your glans well with plain water and dry it by gentle rub with cloth.
Don't use soap for this.
Avoid doing sex with your wife at the moment.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me or any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor