Suffering from bad thrush. Getting headache and started vomiting. Are they related?

Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: my 20 year old daughter is at uni and has been suffering from very bad thrush since saturday and is now started to get headaches and has vomited today, she has made an appointment for the doctor but they cannot see her until friday, she is asking me if this is normal to feel like this with thrush?
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 3 hours later

I hope thrush you are mentioning is vaginal and not the oral thrush [as section mentioned is vaginal and uterine health].

Common symptom presented during vaginal thrush is white discharge, itching and burning in vulva, discomfort during coitus.

Headache and vomiting is not due to thrush. It can be due to indigestion or stress.
But if headache is like migraine then you need to tell her to discontinue oral contraceptive and use some other method.

Thrush is usually treated with single dose fluconazole tablet or vaginal pessary for 7 days.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, please feel to revert back.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.