Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suffering from back pain. What medication should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1975
Answered : 72 Questions
If someone suffering from back pain what he suppose to do and what medicine he will take ?
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 18 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

Back pain can be due to lot of reasons. Most commonly, it is due to muscle spasm caused due to improper stretching of back muscles due to faulty posture while sleeping or wrong work posture as well.

Ideally, the patient needs to visit a physiotherapist for a couple of sessions and also take any good muscle relaxant drug along with application of topical local analgesic spray/ointment for relief. Even hot fomentation will help in reducing/eliminating the pain.

If the pain persists, I would strongly recommend you to visit an orthopedic surgeon.

If you have any more queries, I’ll be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor