Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from back pain. Suggest some medication

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I have a dull pain in my lower back which can be very painful. It's effecting me when I walk, sit or even talk. Can you advise please?

Already been to doctors and they prescribed me Diclofenac, however my pain continues.
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

I need to know more about pain such as onset, any particular timing, night pain, what aggravates, relieves? If it is persistent then get a spine Xray. Have you tried physiotherapy? Please get back with above information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from back pain. Suggest some medication 1 hour later

The onset of the pain has been very gradual over the last few weeks, however accelerated during Friday while out with friends. The pain comes in "waves" and can be ok for small periods of time. The pain feels like its coming from the spine area, just below where my ribs would finish (from looking at the front). Often staying in the same position causes the onset.

I have not yet tried physiotherapy. Is this something I need to speak to a doctor to arrange?

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 12 hours later

Thanks for submitting the additional details.

Based on your description, I feel the back pain is most probably due to muscle causes (dysfunction). If the problem has been long standing, then I would suggest getting spine x-ray and detailed evaluation by a spine specialist. In addition regular back muscle stretching will help you. You can discuss about the x-rays and physiotherapy when you visit your doctor.

Adding a muscle relaxants drugs to your current pain medicine for a few days will be helpful.

Hope I have addressed your concern. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon