Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffering from back pain. How to get relief?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Hi Doc,
My Wife has a back pain from last 3-4 months, the intensity of the pain has increased from last 3-4 days and with the back pain now she is complaining for the pain which keeps on shifting in the joints basically.
Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Your wife had chronic backache and now has intensified probably radiating downwards too. This radiation of pain may be due to pressure over nerve root which get irritated.

As X-ray of spine is normal it might be due to disc bulge which causes pressure over nerve root.
So get a MRI done and let me know the findings.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor