Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suffering from anxiety, depression and sleeping difficulty. How to get rid over this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
i am sufferering from anxiety. i tend to think a lot on small issuess. imagine lot of things. panic a lot, keep on thinking on same issues. i become irrated too quickly and always like things to go my way.
Recently i shifted to a new city, a new workplace.. i dont have any friends in this city. I have been having these anxiety attacks where i feel like leaving my job and running away.. Or returning to my old job. this has caused by BP to spike , i feel depressed and sometimes unable to sleep . I visited a doctor who asked to me visit a psychiatrist.. he says i have anxiety problems. This has happened in the past too where i tend to think a lot on issues and make up my own story. this has caused indigestion, sleepless night and spiking BP
Please advise as how should i get over this. Its making my life difficult.
Any suggestion, help will be highly appreciated.

Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 10 minutes later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX ........
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the symptoms. Difficulty in adapting to new places of work or stay can lead to stress related or adjustment related disorders like depressive disorder, anxiety disorders including panic attacks, adjustment disorder and other related disorders. A thorough psychiatric evaluation is necessary before reaching the diagnosis. We have effective anti-depressant medication; anti-anxiety medication like SSRI's as well as psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy) that can help you significantly. Hence, have yourself evaluated as early as possible. Do clarify anything else you may want to.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from anxiety, depression and sleeping difficulty. How to get rid over this? 9 minutes later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for the reply. Request you to kindly suggest as to from where i can get this cognitive behavioural therapy? An do you know of any good psychatrist in Hyderabad who give this type of therapy?

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
You require trained clinical psychologists or psychiatrists to perform psychotherapy. You can try from the psychiatry/psychology department of Osmania medical college if facilities for psychotherapy are available. The larger corporate hospitals should also have the facility. I would also suggest you try yoga, meditation and breathing relaxation exercises. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor