Suffering from anxiety attacks. On nifedipine for high blood pressure. Feeling light headed. Worrisome
I appreciate your insight to deal with the anxiety issue and blood pressure conservatively. But then you got to be religiously following them. I advice you to add few more life style modifications in your routine.
1) Thrice a week meditation (10 minutes twice a day). I hope you have enough time for your health.
2) Learn yoga and practice it twice a week apart from the exercise
Whenever you are running anxious you should take help of anti anxiety drugs if other methods do not help.
Reduce daily salt intake is the first and best measure to control high blood pressure nearing 140/90 mm Hg. It should not be more than 1 tea spoon a day.
Lisinopril is better than a nifedipine for people who are not tolerating it. Once you try above and still the blood pressure does not remain lower than 130/85. You can start the medications.
Do continue to record BP early morning and maintain a record. It comes to help when your doctor needs it.
Please use any answer clarification before you rate my answer.
It is difficult to predict the time between prescribing medicine and first detection of high blood pressure. It all depends on the numbers on the monitor and the symptoms.
Since high blood pressure has several reasons and once medicated it is practically impossible to stop it. Earlier physicians advised to go on lifestyle modifications for 3 months while monitoring BP before starting medication.
Current recommendations stress to prescribe medicine if the Blood pressure is over 140/90 on two different occasions measured after sitting and relaxing for 10 minutes. Research says that the medications has better effects if taken in the evenings before retiring to bed instead of early morning. This can potentially deal with the rise in stress hormones in the early hours of the day (3AM to 5AM).
Let me know if I miss any questions.
I knew that you want to do whatever it takes before starting medication. Hence my initial answer was all about lifestyle changes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling high blood pressure
- Anxiety induced high blood pressure
- Feel pulse in head high blood pressure
- Light headed with high blood pressure 190110
- Fuzzy head and high blood pressure
- Anxiety related high blood pressure
- High blood pressure anxiety attacks taking ramipril diltiaz-cd prognosis
- Light headed high blood pressure
- Tingle in head high blood pressure
- Head noises and high blood pressure