Suffering from anxiety and depression. Treatment includes homeopathy, ayurvedic, Yoga and Pranayam. Taking Rivotril. Best treatment?
Dear Sir, Second thing is I am suffering from Indigestion and Headache. As advised by you I am taking since last two months one tab of PANTOSEC-D. Still It is not giving any relief. Almost every day I am facing this problem. I am taking Rantac 150 mg 2 tab along with combiflam then only I am getting relief. As I am following strict exercise and diet pattern, eventhough I am facing this problem. Also at least I take 6 lts of water every day and my bowel movement is free.
Best treatment is Medications with CBT
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
I understand that you have a mixed anxiety and depression disorder. Now the best possible treatment for this combination of illness is a combination of Psychotherapy (mostly cognitive behavioural therapy) along with medications taken together. CBT is a 20 min weekly sessions to be taken over 3-4 months and the choice of medications duffer from person to person. You generally start with one medication and if it doesn't suit then another medication is tried. In my clinic i generally start with paroxetine as it is the most recommended medication and almost 70% patients get relieved by it. If not then the next option is either venlafaxine or sertraline or escitalopram or mirtazapine.
Also try exercising regularly and eat a healthy diet.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Details of psychiatrist
Sorry I missed out on the second part of your question.
It seems you have gastritis as well as headcahe. The cause for your headache needs to be evaluated cause taking painkillers regularly is not a good solution. Moreover, it will exacerbate your gastritis as well. It has late stage effect on kidneys as well.
Regarding your other question, it seems you already spent a lot on the treatment. I am not from delhi, so I may not be able to see you. However you can XXXXXXX Dr. XXXXXXX Parmar in Lady Harding Medical College in the Department of Psychiatry. She can guide you with the medications and then can refer you for CBT to some good therapist.
Hope that helps,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Need to evaluate
The fact that you are 41 year old and have reduced exercise tolerance state that you need evaluation. You can get a stress test done to look for an ECG changes. If that comes normal then you need not bother. You are right in suggesting that depression can also lead to this kind of symptoms. If the stress test is normal then your depression should be a possible diagnosis.
Regarding your urinary problem an enlarged prostate can lead to this kind of symptom. A USG abdomen can let you know the size of the prostate and if there are any local causes.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from loneliness and depression treatment
- Natural depression treatment for teens
- Clinical depression treatment
- Winter depression treatments
- Suffering from hyperarousal sleeplessness history of anxiety and depression treatment
- Cytomel for depression treatment
- Anxiety paranoia ocd depression treatment
- Depression treatment for low iq
- Lamictal depression treatment
- Ocd and depression treatment
- Is it advised to take tentex forte for premature ejaculation?
- Took T T and Taxim Injection after rat bite. Is it required to get anti...
- Constant itching and burning feeling under rib cage. How to get relief?
- Blood test showed raised AST and ALT level. What are the complication?
- What are the differences between self pleasure erection and sexual...
- Have lower back pain and see strange images everywhere. Any mental problem?
- Having headache with extreme pressure. Could this be from anxiety or...
- Treatment for confusion, headache, tiredness, lethargy and chills?
- Gallbladder removed. Test showed slightly enlarge liver. Having...
- Why am I having pain under rib cage and inflamed muscle in stomach?